'Gelholme' 3 Hopetoun Road was built in 1932 for Kenneth and Brenda MacDougall to the design of Hugh Peck. The MacDougalls retained ownership until 1979.
3 Hopetoun is of significance for the imposing massing of building and roof forms, the symmetrical disposition of the three projecting gables as well as the picturesque character of the Tudor detailing.
Physical elements which contribute to this significance are:
- tile hipped roof projecting gables
- projecting porte cochere
- side garage
- fenestration diagonal leaded glazing for windows within decorative half timbered areas, and double hung windows (some with shutters) elsewhere
- central canted bay stair window
- cement render and mouldings
- contrasting cliker brickwork
- half timbering sections to the upper floor