Rosaville was built in 1883 for Abraham Harris as a two storey terrace house with a brick verandah and balcony divided into three pavilions by the triple arched facade. The detailing in stucco is extremely mannerist and the design of this boom style classicism house can be attributed to Nahum Barnet.
Rosaville is located on part of the site of the Wesleyan Immigrants Home which was demolished in 1882 and the land sub-divided. This area was largely redeveloped by Jewish owners. Carlton in the 1890s was a Jewish stronghold and W S Law, architect, undertook many commissions for Carlton Jewish clients in the 1880s. Rosaville is an exotic example of boom style classicism with a most distinctive mannerist facade and ornamental tile work and ground floor cast iron grille. The building is part of an important Drummond Street precinct.
Rosaville is externally intact. The interior has been substantially reorganised and repartitioned for use as part of Medley Hall, the University of Melbourne Residential College.