The two storey brick and stone villa at 126 Kilgour Street was erected in c 1854-55 for Albert M. Hutchinson, firstly as a four room basalt cottage. The additional storey was added in 1860 for William H. Collins. The style is an eclectic combination of Australian Regency Colonial Style, with the latter superimposed Italianate details of the upper floor. The single storey verandah of timber construction is elegantly detailed and finely crafterd. The house of undocumented historical associations is one of the finest early central Geelong villas of interesting Architectural origins.