Parma House was built in 1864 for the Swiss-Italian Fabrizzio Crippa and is one of the most substantial residences in the Daylesford district. The two-storey rendered building appears to be derived from the palazzi of the Italian renaissance and bears similarities to northern Italian farm houses.
Despite its present  dilapidated state the architectural form and detailing of the building survive. Parma House is significant as a physical reminder of the early and materially successful Swiss-Italian settlements in this region of Victoria. It is a key example of the architectural heritage they brought with them and a stately and impressive residence in its right. The building's association with Fabrizzio Crippa is important to the development of the townships of Hepburn and Spring Creek and it is one of few buildings from the Spring Creek (later Hepburn Springs) settlement which survives largely intact.