B1361 Wesleyan Chapel- 147 Woodhouse Grove, Box Hill
Statement of Significance
Last updated on - April 23, 2007
A small rectangular colonial Georgian chapel of local Koonung Creek stone dating from 1856 and displaying a very early use of cream brick in the quoins and voussoirs. The porch, and possibly the parapet, appear to be of later date. The building is significant locally for its association with many of Box Hill's early settlers and the history of the town.