Homestead Complex Statement of Significance.
The date of construction of the bluestone homestead is unknown. However, the woolshed and shearer's quarters were built in 1880 by Alexander Hamilton, while the chapel was built in 1867 by Adam Swanston Robertson. At this time the property was known as 'Little Corangamite' or 'Kinloch Abbert'.
Chapel Statement of Significance
.A bluestone chapel erected as part of the Gnarpurt homested complex in 1867 and reputed to be the smallest church in the state, measuring only 8m x 4.5m.