Heritage Inventory History of Site: Site is marked on 1912 map. Later orchard. Stone house and stables built by William Herbert in 1861. Farm called 'Greenhills'. Property also held first horse race in 1884-86/7 with dances held in the barn afterwards. Sometime after 1887, a weatherboard home built further up hill due to frequent inundation. House and barn were still standing in 1988. Last used as an orchard shed.
Heritage Inventory Interpretation: Most recent use of the site was as an orchard though stone walls suggest earlier construction. House and stables still standing in 1988. May potentially have a rich deposit of archaeological material dating from 1861 to 1980s.
Remains of former orchard processing plant and earlier structure. Stone house and stables built in 1861 by William Herbert.
Heritage Inventory Significance: High local cultural significance. Mod-high scientific significance.
Recorded by: Andrea Murphy Date Recorded: 23/05/01 Heritage Inventory Key Components: 2 stone walls and cypress pines./nHeritage Inventory Site Features: Site centred around raised small hill (man-made?) where two stone rubble walls remain.