Heritage Inventory History of Site: In 1833 Thomas Downie migrated to Australia from Scotland and settled a tract of land in the Creesy district that became known as the 'Glenfine' run. In 1848, Thomas Chirnside acquired the land. In 1853 his brother, John took over the property and ran it as a horsestud. It was sold to William Rowe in 1857. Rowe used Glenfine as a pastoral property. A stone villa residence was built in 1873. Gold was discovered at Glenfine in1898 and Rowe created a private township sub-division on the property. The established township was known as Hollybush and by 1900 it had a population of 426. By the 1920's the gold was depleting and Hollybush ceased to function as a town.