What is significant?
The Morgiana Woolshed is located on the east side of the Morgiana Road about 2.0kms north of the Loats Road intersection. The woolshed is a large galvanised iron structure, with relatively new sheeting over much older timber framing. The shed is part of the important historical pastoral run Morgiana. Morgiana, located near the junction of the Grange Burn and the Wannon River, was settled as early as 1842 by Alexander Cameron and soon taken over by his nephew Donald Cameron. With other members of what amounted to a clan, they overlanded from Sydney and seem to have remained closely associated in business. Donald held the Morgiana licence until 1858 when it was taken over by another Cameron, possibly Archibald, whose widow's estate sold it in 1885. The woolshed is in excellent condition, and retains a fair degree of integrity.
How is it significant?
The Morgiana woolshed is of historical significance to the Southern Grampians Shire.
Why is it significant?
Morgiana Homestead Complex is of historical significance for its long and complicated association with the large and influential Cameron family, who are of particular interest as Overlanders rather than Overstraiters, like most squatters in the area.