sIn 1839, Andrew Scott took up the station at 'Mt. Boninyong" which comprised 16,000 acres. Mrs. Scott was reputedly the first white woman in the area. The present homestead was built in 1884 by Robert Scott and was designed by architect, Henderson in "Scottish Baronial Mansion" style. The extensive gardens date from the 1850s making them one of the oldest surviving garden layouts in Victoria.