Search every available VHD record
Victorian Heritage Register
State significant places/objects
Historic archaeological sites
Registered historic shipwrecks
Last updated on - September 8, 2009
HERITAGE VALUE 2005: Local
What is significant?
Fabric associated with: . .
- the Victorian & Edwardian-eras
- William & George Murphy tenure
How is it significant?
The former Arthurs Creek Store and Post Office is historically significant to the
Nillumbik Shire and Arthurs Creek:
Why is it significant?
The former Arthurs Creek Store and Post Office is significant:
,.as a well preserved public building in the area for over 100 years (Criterion 4)
- for the close association with the pioneering Murphy family and proximity to other public buildings facilitated by the family's land gifts (Criterion H1)
- for the rare shopfront details and siting (Criterion B2).
- for strong evocation of the traditional store and post office building type within the Shire (Criterion D1)
- as a contributory part of a locally significant historic landscape and building group (Criterion A4)
You need to be logged into to perform this action. Please login here.