Glenalbyn Grange is a remarkably intact farm complex developed from the 1850's. Its significance is based on the following:
1. Historic importance as a farm property which has survived in essentially the original form in which it was developed from the 1850's by the reverend William Hall, prominent in local politics, farming and the church, on land acquired as the pre-emptive right block on the Glenalbyn Squatting run in 1864.
2. Glenalbyn Grange is an intact farm complex comprising homestead, outbuildings, paddock boundaries with Hawthorn hedges, orchard and vines dating from Hall's time and Dams formed by Hall on the Kingower Creek.
3. The property has remained in the ownership of family, the reverend William Hall and his descendants, from the 1850's until the present.