The former Bellarine Shire Hall and Court House was erected in 1880 by contractors John Baxter and Son from designs prepared by P.W.D. architects, as amended by Andrew McWilliams, Shire Secretary, and prominent Geelong and district architect. This finely proportioned Italianate building of red brick with arcaded entrance porch is typical of P.W.D. architecture of an earlier era (1860-1875). The structure has notable associations with local government on the Bellarine Peninsula.
National Trust Of Australia (Victoria), File No. 409.
Geelong Advertiser, 4th July 1878, suggestion made to the Government by the Bellarine council to erect a town hall at Drysdale to act as court of Petty Sessions.
7th November, 1878, Bellarine Shire Hall to be used as a police court.
14th May 1880, tender for new Shire Hall and court House, A McWilliams, Shire Secretary.
3rd June 1880, description of building.
30th July 1880, progressing rapidly.
5th August 1880, description of building.
20th October, 1880, 28th October 1880, Opening Ceremony on 27th October 1880.