The Belgrave Cameo, opened in November 1935 and designed by Scarborough Robertson & Love, is significant at a local level because it incorporates one of the few older cinema interiors to remain generally intact, and still operating for its original purpose. The auditorium features original seats complete with footwarmers, the original Moderne ceiling and pilasters, and most importantly a set of bracketed torcheres. The original proscenium has, however, been covered over, and a painted wall decoration removed and curtained over. Despite these alterations this is one of the few cinemas in Victoria where going to the pictures retains much of the atmosphere of an earlier age. The Cameo is also of importance as the focus of social activity for the local communtiy during the middle decades of this century, and for remaining an independent operation until 1991.