Date of construction is uncertain, but is certainly before 1858 as it pre-dates the 1858 Hodgkinson map. By 1864 it was owned by Moses Craven before passing to James Wilson in 1876. The second floor with pediment was added during Wilson's time.
The two-storeyed brick residence has a coursed quoined bluestone front elevation and timber posted balcony with iron lace panels overhanging the street. The upper portion of the front elevation is brick with a parapet top wioth simple cornice mould and central pediment flanked by scrolls with the name 'Belmont' in low relief.
The use of bluestone testifys to the building 's age. The upstairs cantilevered verandah is uniquein Collingwood.