Woolshed, Gorrinn Station, 9 miles south-south-east, Ararat, is a large, bluestone woolshed constructed for James Richardson c.1867, as part of a complex of station buildings. Constructed in coursed masonry, the structure has a hipped corrugated iron roof and a central clerestorey with multi-pane windows and its own hipped roof. All stone and timber is believed to have come from the property.
Woolshed is one of the largest stone woolsheds in Victoria, is believed to be one of the earliest and is certainly one of the finest of such structures in the State. Gorrinn Station , as a complex of buildings, has historical associations with the settlement of the district. The use of the clerestorey is particularly unusual and, with the physical size of the structure, renders it a distinctive and important example of a woolshed and of vernacular construction practice.
Woolshed is understood to be in good condition and very largely intact.