The Victorian Italianate style homestead Devon Park, originally known as the pastoral run, Linlithgow Plains, was erected in two stages - firstly as a single storey bluestone residence, with substantial two storey additions of rockfaced square coursed basalt in 1882/83. Presumably both stages were erected for pastoralist Silas Harding, who acquired the run in 1853. The later section was built by Geelong contractor William McRorey.
Devon Park homestead woolshed and outbuildings are part of a large pastoral run Linlithgow Plains, taken up in 1845. The original stone homestead dates from early times and most probably of the 1850s. The 1882/83 additions, of unknown design origins, are unusual for the Western District in not having a perimeter verandah. The two storey residence is clearly derived from late Victorian urban architectural traditions in England in the 1880s. Silas Harding was a prominent Victorian settler.
Devon Park homestead is essentially intact.
Of local importance.
First Classified 28/5/69
Revised: Classified Local 3/8/98