The Strathbogie Blacksmith's Shop was built c.1892 by the blacksmith John Metzke. It is of local stringybark timber, with uprights of split logs and hand-cut pailings slipped down horizontally into grooves of the upright supports. The roof is of galvanized iron.
A large and almost complete set of blacksmith's tools including tongs, hammers, moulds and woodworking tools (many handmade) associate with the building: so too the bellows and forge, which are operational and have an elaborate cooling system made of copper. These are all included.