B1010 Tyntyndyer Homestead Murray Valley Hwy Beverford
Statement of Significance
Last updated on - August 3, 2006
Tyntynder Homestead, Murray Valley Highway, Beverford, comprises a homestead complex settled by Scottish-born brothers. Andrew and Peter Beveridge. The first dwelling was a log structure built circa 1846 and faced with brick in 1850. Extensive additions were made circa 1854. The present structure comprises two main sections, constructed in brick with gabled iron roofs and timber verandahs.
Tyntynder Homestead, Murray Valley Highway, Beverford, is an early surviving pastoral homestead of importance within the first settlement of this area, architecturally and as a representation of the isolated first stations which characterise the remote Murray Valley during this era. In architectural terms, the homestead is an unusual example of the Colonial style, notable for its planning and detailing and also for the log structure.
Tyntynder Homestead, Murray Valley Highway, Beverford, has been a museum house residence for a number of years and is essentially intact.