The Western Grandstand was built in 1925 to the design of Geelong architects, Laird and Buchan. It is an unusual combination of mid-nineteenth centure and 1920's architectural style. Historically it has close association with Geelong West sporting bodies, particularly the football club. It is of LOCAL significance.
Laird and Buchan, architects, Proposed Grandstand, Drawings of plan and elevations - Geelong West City Council No 1004/1
G Seaton, The Ashby Story - A History of Geelong West, Geelong West City Council 1978, pp 216-217, 231.