This outstanding example of Quercus robur is one of the largest to be registered. It is the tallest recorded English Oak in Melbourne or any other urban location in Victoria, and is only surpassed by those in rural locales. It is believed to have been planted by the Good Shepherd nuns around 1920 and its healthy state offers aesthetic value contributing to the surrounding environment, especially in the attractive surrounds of the convent farm. Located close to the Yarra River it can be easily viewed from the Capital City Trail.
Circumference (m): 4.5
Height (m): 26.5
Canopy Spread (m); N-S 26.2; E-W 30.1
Estimated Age (yrs):