The former Allens Week farmhouse on the shores of Lake Connewarre was built by William Brinsmead, an English squatter. The earlier section, where non-denominational church services were held, is a small gable roof brick and stone cottage probably constructed ion the 1850's. The original 200 acre site which was a dairy farm and later produced peas and potatoes, contain mature exotic trees, a cypress windrow, fruit trees and an underground well.
The former Allen Weeks farm has historic and social value to the Leopold area.
The former Allen Weeks farm is the original homestead of a pioneer family and indicates the agricultural origins of settlement in the Leoplod area. Remnants of the house surrounds survive and the original building, which is relatively intact and one of the oldest in the region, has associations with early community religious observance.
GHRC Ref 450/3224 Brinsmead Cedric & Laura GHRC
The Geelong Advertiser
Wynd p. 171 & 172
Ref 318, 33, 29 photographs, Bellarine Collection, Geelong Historical Records Centre