Woolshed, Gorrin Station, nine miles South-South-East, Ararat, is a large, bluestone woolshed constructed for James Richardson, c.1867, as part of a complex of station buildings. Constructed in coursed masonry, the structure has a hipped corrugated iron roof and a central clerestory with multi-pane windows and its own hipped roof. All stone and timber is believed to have come from the property.
Woolshed, Gorrin Station is one of the largest stone woolsheds in Victoria, is believed to be one of the earliest and is certainly one of the finest of such structures in the State. Gorrin Station, as a complex of buildings, has historical associations with the settlement of the district. The use of the clerestory is particularly unusual and with the physical size of the structure, renders it a distinctive and important example of a woolshed and of vernacular construction practice.
Woolshed, Gorrin Station, is understood to be in good condition and very largely intact.