The former St Mary's Jubilee School is locally significant as an early purpose built church school, associated with St Mary's Church. Its use of polychrome brick is locally conspicuous whilst the adoption of the Gothic Style not only underlines its Christian foundations but relates to the comparable schools of the Public Works Department of the same period.
A single storeyed symmetrical school, cruciform on plan with polychrome brick and gable roofed front section in the Gothic style using dark brown body bricks with cream, black and red trim and cast cement keystones to the arches having intaglio enrichment.
The projecting porch has a sandstone plaque in the gable end, reading "AD 1887 Queen Victoria's Jubilee". The openings are round arched, the voussoirs being formed into lancet shapes.
The rear classroom (?) section is monochrome with buttresses, the Hood Crescent elevation having a stuccoed, porch with flat arched openings, drip moulds and parapet coping in the Tudor style.
The crossing is accentuated by a fleche in the Gothic Style with fish scale slates.