The earliest Anglican city church in Melbourne to survive on its original site. The earliest section of the church comprising the nave, designed in a simplified Gothic idiom, was completed in 1848 to the design of Charles Laing. Subsequent additions were made between 1854 and 1876, comprising the transepts, chancel, vestry and organ chamber. The interior contains many excellent fittings.
Hall & Cross Classified: 17/10/1985