The Walmsley house, imported in about 1853, is of State architectural and historical significance.
Architecturally, the Walmsley house is a rare example of mid-nineteenth century prefabrication in iron, being one of only two known surviving examples in the world, of Walmsley of London, both of which are in Melbourne. This house is also one of only two surviving examples manufactured for the Victorian Government to the design of the Colonial Architect Henry Ginn: this one by Walmsley, the other surviving at Inverleigh having been manufactured by Walker to the same design. The Walmsley house is exceptional for the degree of integrity of the east and south walls showing the gusseted construction and with a set of intact corrugated iron shutters (on the east wall.) A set of shutter catches also remain on the south wall.