Church Statement of Significance:
A particularly handsome bluestone Gothic church built in 1864-67 to the design of C D Cuthbert, with the addition of a tower in 1891 and a transept in 1918. The main facade contains a tripartite lancet window and is flanked by the castellated tower containing a peal of bells by Mears and Stainbank, London.
Organ Statement of Significance:
A three-manual organ of 26 stops built in 1929 by Hill, Norman & Beard shortly after the opening of their Clifton Hill factory. The instrument remains largely intact and retains its original electro-pheumatic action, detached "horse-shoe' stopkey console and tonal scheme and is among the most substantial early examples of the firm's work in Victoria.