A courthouse built in 1886, designed in the Romanesque style and interesting for the variety and use of coloured brick and iron finials and ridge decoration. The courthouse was builtin 1886-7 and replaced an earlier wooden structure of 1859. The architect was G.B.H. Austin who worked for the Public Works Department and the contractor was W.A. Moore of Prahran.
Camperdown Court House is an outstanding polychromatic brick design unequalled in Victorian public architecture for the boldness of its contrast. The courthouse forms part of an important public buildings precinct in the town.
First Classified 9/3/78
Revised: Classified State 3/8/98