The Newham Presbyterian is of regional significance on historical grounds as being practically the only surviving evidence of the once bustling township of Newham. The church is also significent architecturally for its unusual stepped stone gable ends to the front facade and entry porch. Built in 1868 of local bluestone, in a manner which is a credit to the stonemasons, James Henry and Alex Scumager, this church has served and continues to serve the residents of the surrounding district as a distinctive place of worship. The stark and unadorned interior is contrasted with some noteworthy church furniture. There is a finely carved communion table, a Reed organ and a simple unadorned pulpit and dias in English Oak timber panels.
The cultural significance of this place is enhanced by the use, until this century, of Gaelic in the worship services for those of Highland origin.