Lathamstowe, Gellibrand Street, Queenscliff is a two-storey pair of thirteen roomed houses built in 1882-83 at the corner of Stokes Street by W Dally, builder, to the design of Messrs Austin and Ellis, Architects. These houses were a gift from Mr Edward Latham, one-time owner of the Carlton Brewery, to the Church of England, and are still in use as vacation accommodation for the clergy. The building is situated on a splendid site overlooking Port Phillip Bay.
The building is designed in the Classical Revival Style, with arcaded verandahs supported on cast-iron columns on each of the two-storeys along both street elevations. The central tower, with its cast iron stair, rises some 23 m. above the ground.
Other than for the loss of the original fencing, Lathamstowe is fully intact.
Classified: 'Local' 04/12/1980
Revised: 'State' 03/08/1998