The Chilwell State School, a Victorian Eclectic Style single storey brick school house enhanced with Waurn Ponds Limestone dressings and iron cresting and finials was built in 1878. this axially planned school with dominant fleche tower surroundings the central pavilion was designed by architects of the Public Works Department in a style characteristic of the period and typified by innovative and original details and ornamentation. The school has interesting associations with the history of education in the district, having contained two denominational schools earlier established at Chilwell
RECOMMENDATIONS: PROTECTIVE MEASURES
Geelong Regional Commission Register.
Australian Heritage Commission Register of the National Estate.