The second site for the Park Hill homestead was developed in 1912, high on the opposite bank of the River Wannon from the original site which was low and damp. It is located at the southern end of Falkenberg's Road about seven kilometres south-west of the township of Wannon. Park Hill, with its associated garden, was built by the new owner, C. A. N. McDonald for his family. It is a large asymmetrical timber house with a typical bungalow form emphasising its horizontality. The name of an architect has not been associated with the design but there are similarities with the date, materials, form and plan of the new Wilderness homestead, at Gritjurk, 18 kms north of Park Hill. The house and garden retain a high degree of integrity and are in good condition.
How is it significant?
The second Park Hill homestead is of historical and architectural significance to the Southern Grampians Shire.
Why is it significant?
The second Park Hill homestead is of historical significance for its associations with the McDonald and Bailey families in particular and for demonstrating a shift away from the original site. It is of architectural significance as an early example of the bungalow form. This is reinforced by the surrounding garden.