What is significant?
The Mirranatwa public hall is a single storey building located on the south side of Mirranatwa School Road. The hall and the adjacent Uniting Church are the only surviving civic buildings in Mirranatwa. The original part of the structure was erected in 1904 as the Mirranatwa State School No 2529. The building has been much altered in subsequent years. The grounds of the hall contain recreation facilities which are the only facilities of their kind in the area. In front of the hall are two fine old specimens of Pinus nigra. The land has been used for ceremonial tree plantings to commemorate people considered important to the local community.
How is it significant?
The Mirranatwa public hall is of historical and social significance to the community of Mirranatwa and the Southern Grampians Shire.
Why is it significant?
The Mirranatwa public hall is of historical significance as the former State School No 2529, the provider of primary education to the residents of the area for about 70 years. The continuing use of the school as the area's public hall is socially significant, as one of only two remaining civic buildings, which has been the focus of community activities, sport, recreation and education for the relatively remote community of Mirranatwa for many decades.