St Georges Court is a small cul de sac west off St Georges Road in Toorak. It developed as a result of the 1938 subdivision of a large Federation property in St Georges Road which in turn had been built on the highly significant Toorak House Estate. By local standards, the area exhibits a high population density but encourages a sense of space through a measured approach to landscaping. Housing in the area comprises a mixture of large residences and semi-detached units drawing from a narrow range of stylistic sources and unified by consistent scale, colour and applied decorative elements.
St Georges Court is of regional significance as substantially intact example of an area subdivided immediately prior to World War II and developed by a range of builders and architects for an exclusive clientele. The area's special character and significance derives from the construction of a number of attractive homes and maisonettes during the early war years and the street provides an important illustration of affluent suburban development during this period. Noted architects, including Marcus Martin & Tribe, A. Mortimer McMillan, and Billson & Mewton, were responsible for a number of the homes in St Georges Court. The buildings broadly demonstrate the contemporary regional ideal of the modern house tempered through restrained use of traditional Georgian and Mediterranean form and details.