The Strathbogie Aerial Navaid, situated on a rising knoll just out of Strathbogie township, was constructed in 1936 by members of the local community as a visual air to overflying aircraft. The word STRATHBOGIE was marked out in letters approximately 2.5 metres high, formed by stones embedded in the ground and painted white.
* The Strathbogie Aerial Navaidis an extraordinary example of a local community initiative when recognising the increasing popularity and importance of flying as a form of transport it erected its own unofficial navigation aid to pilots flying elbourne to Sydney air route.
* The Strathbogie Aerial Navaidis an extraordinary example of a navigation aid. It does not conform to official guidelines set down by the Civil Aviation Authority (formerly the civil aviation board). It also differed from other unofficial navigation aids such as roof top signs.
* The Strathbogie Aerial Navaidhas a strong association with the pioneering days of aviation in Australia when most aeroplanes were not equipped with radios and relied on visual aids for navigation.