This structure was erected by Joseph Goble in 1866 as "Steam Flour Mills". The building was gutted by fire in 1891 and subsquently rebuilt as the Port Fairy Butter Factory in 1919.
The present complex of buildings comprises a symmetrical, two-storied brick and stone structure with round-headed central doorway and loading door above with double hung sashes to either side at both floor levels. The gable is clad in weatherboard. There are varoius weatherboard structures to both sides of the central building.
2010 Note: Previously operated (after restoration) as Accomodation house. Now a private dwelling.
Part of Port Fairy Historic Area. Classified: 02/03/1981