The Old School, Murmungee, was erected in 1869 by the local residents for use as a school, hall and church. School fees are recorded as being one shilling per week for the first two children of a family and sixpence for any more of the same family. The brick structure comprises a simple gabled hall with a small ante-room and a verandah on three sides. The building was used as a school until 1938 and is now used for local activities. This is an interesting example of adaptive provincial design serving as school, hall and church. The building was probably once the centre of social life and learning in Murmungee and still partially serves its original purpose. The simple gabled from is typical of structures of this type. The verandah is probably a later addition giving some comfort in hot summer months. The exposed brickwork has been painted.