* The former Holy Trinity Church School, constructed 1847, is the second earliest known surviving school building constructed in Victoria, and is the earliest known school building in the Geelong region.
* The former denominational school is important to the history of education in Victoria as a surviving example of pre-Gold Rush school building.
* The former school is significant in its association with the prominent Geelong citizen, Edward Willis.
* The former Holy Trinity School is representative of the vernacular building traditions of the first years of settlement in Victoria.
* The former denominational school, along with the adjoining church and vicarage, form a visually cohesive group of Barrabool sandstone buildings which illustrate the religious, social educative role played by the Church in the late 1840s and the 1850s in Victoria.
Source: Geelong Region Historic Buildings and Objects Study (Willingham)
The Holy Trinity Anglican Church school is a coursed rubble sandstone structure erected in 1847 with later application of ruled cement render and hipped roof of corrugated iron. The former schoolhouse may be the first constructed denominational school building outside Melbourne and Geelong and of paramount significance to the history of education in Victoria. This unpretentious schoolhouse is representative of settlement in Victoria, and one of the oldest surviving buildings in the Geelong region.