What is significant?
St Peter's Anglican Church is located on the west side of McLennan Street, on the eastern side of the township of Glenthompson. The church is a simple, traditional if not old-fashioned example of the Gothic revival style, with a nave of three bays and a polygonal apse. The church is constructed of red brick, presumably from the Glenthompson Brickworks, and the roof is corrugated iron. The interiors include a range of memorials, the original pews, fittings such as the altar, podium and decorative works. The Church was built in 1914, after land was donated by Mr. W. Scott in 1890. There has been no architect or builder associated with the design of the Church. The church is in excellent condition and retains a high degree of integrity.
How is it significant?
St Peter's Anglican Church is of historical and architectural significance to the Southern Grampians Shire and to the township of Glenthompson.
Why is it significant?
St Peter's Anglican Church is of historical significance as the focus for Anglican worship and fellowship in the Glenthompson area and of architectural significance as a relatively late and traditional example of the Gothic revival style.