The former Retumed Soldiers' and Sailors' Imperial League of Australia Essendon Branch building at no. 30 Holmes Road, Essendon, was erected in 1920-21 following the formation of the Branch in 1919. It is historically and aesthetically important. It is historically important (Criterion A) in that its presence in the Holmes Road streetscape recalls the importance of the former RSSILA just after the Great War whilst its design (Criterian E) is expressive of the emotionally charged times in which it was built through its use of monumental Neo Classical forms with upper level loggia from which the public could be addressed on special occasions. The later additions have compromised this significance by concealing the original facade and by reducing the space for public gatherings at the front.